A connection-make and business networking strategist, Kelly has helped clients (ranging from Fortune 500 to fashion to private equity to AmLaw 200) connect with and leverage their business networks. Kelly was the first president of global business networking group 85 Broads and worked directly with CEO/Founder, Janet Hanson on network strategy and membership engagement and growth. Prior to her entrepreneurial leap, Kelly was immersed in the legal world, initially as a corporate lawyer, then she focused on building out the alumni, professional development and women’s initiatives at global law firm, White & Case. Kelly is a champion of women’s empowerment and leadership and has been an advocate of increasing the numbers of women in leadership in the technology and business sector.
Kelly is a frequent speaker on building and maintaining professional networks, creating engaged communities and making strategic connections.
Inc., Forbes, HuffPost Live, LexBlog, Women 2.0, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Vator News, Grovo, News on Women, and FIR Interview.
Selected 2012 Speaking:
- Media Skills Workshop co-instructor – NewsCertified Exchange
- “Social Media for Law Firm Marketing” session leader – NYSBA (March 2012)
- “The Next Sanjay Gupta” Panel (moderator) – LMA Annual Conference (March 2012)
- Getting on Corporate Boards - Women in the Boardroom/Google’s Women’s Initiative (April 2012)
- Strategic Networking Workshop (women executives) – Bank of America/Merrill Lynch (June 2012)
- Women and Corporate Board Diversity – HuffPost Live (August 2012)
- “Jumpstarting the Next Generation of Leaders” panel - 2012 Women in Green Forum (August 2012)
- “Mapping Your Career Business Plan” - workshop co-presenter, Legal Marketing Association (Tampa, Atlanta, New York, St Louis, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Boston)
- Technology & Practice of Law (keynote) and Women’s Initiative: Networking Workshop (facilitator) - Lathrop Gage LLP attorney retreat (September 2012)
- Networking and Community Engagement Workshop – U.S. Department of State’s TechWomen Initiative (October 2012)
- “Social Media As A Business Development Tool for Women Lawyers” (panel) – Women in Law Empowerment Forum (October 2012)
- Keynote Panel: Inventing the Future - FT Innovate 2012 Conference (November 2012)
- Woman Power in the Boardroom & C-Suite” Women in the Boardroom (November 2012)